Temidire - The Run Series/DjBiso


After a long hiatus
Here’s the 9th in our Run Series
Enjoy

Temidire - 42

Indeed it has been a while that I have felt this way. So much energy bristling through me. Gbogbo ara mi ti dide!
Gbenga has really got my nose wide open!

He was so attentive.
He was so kind.
Patient and generous.
And it might the hormones talking, but it felt like he wanted to take it further…

I have thought of nothing but him since our chance meeting earlier today. I mean, we had communicated online for the longest time and flirted carefully, as married adults often do, but I was secure in the comfort that he was in Abuja and I was in London, and Corona - being the prophylactic that it has become, would make it impossible for us to be together.

But alas…

Corona, it is both a curse and cure.

Uncle Tunze had contracted it from God-Knows-Where - that man will not stay in one place, and as his favourite niece, I had offered to come down and spend some time with him during post-recovery. 

It was a lot of things falling into place and lining up at just the right time:
I was bored. London was choking me. All that shelter-in-place and the rigidity was starting to get to me. Coming to Lagos to see my fantabulous Uncle was the tonic I sorely needed.

The kids were back in school, Junior had done exceedingly well in A Levels and was on his way to Imperial. Shade and Tayo, the twins, had taken like ducks to water at St. Andrews. For the first time in years, Tosin and I could catch a break and we jumped on the cheapest flight to Lagos.

Uncle Tunze was much better by the time I got to him. A lot of his women had been coming and there were all sorts of flasks and nicknacks about the house. Cleaning up and cleaning out was my first task while Tosin took him out for some fresh air.

Being a ‘single man’, he was low on cleaning supplies and I had to rush to the corner Ebeano to get some more, as well as stock the house. It was at the counter that I heard my name and turned to see him, looking even better than all his profile pictures and the few videos we had shared.

To say I was stunned would be an understated. Here was Gbenga, in flesh and blood. I never thought we would meet. I didn’t even mention I was coming to Lagos.

There had been an outbreak of the second variant at his MDA in Abuja and he had taken the opportunity to come to Lagos and finish a real estate project him and his wife had invested in years ago. The project was in my Uncle’s Estate!

There was so much to talk about. And so little time. Laden with cleaning and food supplies, I had to leave and promised to chat him up later. Brethren, I have not been able to do anything but chat with Gbenga since I got back.

His words are so… effusive!
He wants me to come over to his place, according to him, only to have a look and give a woman’s opinion as his wife was in Abuja with the kids. I know he’s reeling me in, and I almost feel powerless. Not that I’m innocent o. I’ve encouraged him too.

As if the devil hasn’t dug a hole deep enough for me yet, Tosin says no need to cook tonight as he is taking Uncle Tunze to Ikoyi Club for dinner and drinks and will be back ‘extremely late’.

And now.
Here I am..
In my joggers and trainers…
Getting ready to head out to pound the streets like a nomad.
I must run this man out of my head!


To listen: 'Dire
https://www.mixcloud.com/deejay-biso/dire-the-run-seriesdjbiso/

Comments

  1. Brilliant writing….now I want to go for a run with ‘Dire so we can strategize! And I never run 😐

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waldorf - The Run Series/DjBiso

Dagbolu - The Run Series